- A comparison of anti-trans arguments to anti-gay rhetoric at Fetch me my axe. Why all the stuff about trans issues? Because 1. I want it clear I do not believe that trans individuals or politics are a threat to feminism, and 2. those of us who are not anti-trans need to be vocally pro-trans.
- Nojojojo at the Angry Black Woman on POC on TV.
- Carnival against Sexual Violence 53, with links to posts on legal aspects, media, research, recovery, and other topics.
- Michelle Obama guest posts at BlogHer.
- Speaking of Obama…some dipshit produced shirts that said “Obama is my slave” is being sued by another dipshit who was surprised that black people were offended by it.
- On the lighter side, Pajiba finishes off a series on the greatest TV seasons of the last 20 years with Season 2 of The Office (US version).
Archive for the ‘For Funsies’ Category
When you ride the bus everyday, you get to see some great entertainment. Today, I saw someone get on the bus, start working on a knitting project, and then proceed to remove her rainboot and sock, blow her nose in the sock, and then put the sock and boot back on. Strange. If I drove, I would never get to see that.
This past Saturday night, a good friend and I went to the drive-in to see a movie. A triple feature was scheduled, with Ratatouille starting out the evening, followed by The Simpsons Movie and The Bourne Ultimatum (the last of which we had both already seen).
Before the movie, we ate the leftovers that my friend gets from working a few shifts a week at a second job for a catering company - steak, salmon, a tasty orzo salad with asparagus, and marinated green beans - while watching ‘The Thick of It,’ which is very, very, funny in a very British way (which is a way that I greatly appreciate). This was finished off by leftover apple crisp with ice cream. So, the evening was off to a good start before we even arrived at the drive-in.
For some reason, the drive-in represents, to me at least, the pinnacle of awesomeness. I tend to like to go to movies anyway, but you could pick a movie that I would not want to pay to see and I will leap at the chance to see it at the drive-in. You get to watch movies - in your car! People, this is sweet. One of the strongest recommendations against going to see regular movies is the high price of concessions; at the drive-in, you can bring a whole picnic in and nobody cares! You can do whatever you want to! It’s like Christmas, Hannakuh, and that one Monday holiday in February when classes are canceled all rolled into one. It’s fucking amazing.
The much ballyhooed “group blog with the overarching theme of feminism, but exploring many other topics” has been successfully founded. If you haven’t heard the ballyhoo, it’s probably because you are not one of the bloggers’ roommates. Right now at FFF Headquarters, we are celebrating in the traditional feminist manner - a pitcher of margaritas and a man-shaped pinata filled with nuts. We use it to channel our festering rage against everyone with xy chromosomes - and their nuts.
If you didn’t know that the pinata part is sarcasm, you are either 1. unaware of the man-hating stereotypes of feminists it is meant to mock, or 2. unable to pick up on sarcasm in many situations. If 2 is the case, I apologize, it must be hard for you to cope in this modern world. It might be difficult for you to cope in this blog.
We will be updating soon with more information about our goals with this blog, and substantive posts! Hopefully it will last a few months before we lose all interest. Six months, to be exact, because that’s how long we had to pre-pay for the hosting.
Cheers - and cupcakes for all!